PRODUCER French car Peugeot has released a new 508 sedan picture 2011 as a replacement model 407. Like their ancestors, 504, 405, 406 and 407, 508 display looks more beautiful and cooler than its competitors from Germany.
A WCF automotive website states that although cool in terms of design, but France has never sedan into something that can be relied upon other than a problem in quality. According to the WCF French saloon owner prior to 2005 must have known what he meant.
There are exceptions to the 508 model is equipped with a high standard in terms of safety, quality and reliability, although it still has the image of the same brand. However, this site criticize that compared to German sedans, such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz, Peugeot sedan does not have a soul and passion.
Peugeot 508 will actually have eight variants that are divided into two types of engines, gasoline and diesel.
Gasoline engine 3 options:
- 1.6 VTi 120hp/160Nm (6-speed MT)
- 1.6 THP 150hp/240Nm (6-speed MT) - 1.6 THP 150hp/240Nm (6-speed AT).
The diesel engine 5 options:
- 1.6 E-HDI 112hp/285Nm with overboost (6-speed MT)
- 1.6 HDI 112hp/254Nm (5-speed MT)
- 2.0 HDI with overboost 140hp/340Nm 6-speed MT)
- 2.0 HDI 163hp/340Nm (6-speed MT)
- 2.2 HDI 204hp/450 Nm (6-speed AT)